Is there a way to convert html to plain text with vbscript?
Antony
2004-01-15 10:52:30 UTC
I'm looking for a way that a user can enter a url in a text box and
then click a button which will run a convert function. This convert
function will convert the requested web page to plain text and then
populate a textarea with the converted data.

I know that I can save a web page in Internet Explorer as a text file,
but I'm trying to write an enhancement to an ASP Document Management
System and so need to be able to do this in code on a page in the
system.

Is this possible with VBScript?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Roland Hall
2004-01-15 14:50:02 UTC
:
: I know that I can save a web page in Internet Explorer as a text file,
: but I'm trying to write an enhancement to an ASP Document Management
: System and so need to be able to do this in code on a page in the
: system.
:
: Is this possible with VBScript?

Will this work for what you need?
http://kiddanger.com/lab/geturl2.asp
--
Roland

This information is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
or fitness for a particular purpose.
-Technet Knowledge Base-
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;kbhowto&sd=TECH&ln=EN-US&FR=0
-Technet Script Center-